Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Double D - Hearts

 Dear Ones~
There is another challenge up over at Double D. This time it's HEARTS. What a surprise, since we are almost to Valentine's Day. Here is the Mood Board for our inspiration:
 

And here is my card:

I just got this new die set from Altenew called Woven Heart. You cut the die out twice and then weave it. Jeepers, you sure have to hold your mouth just right to get it to weave together. I finally watched a video on how to do it that was very helpful. For this one I used solid red for one side and a patterned paper for the other so that I got that gingham check reflected in the Mood Board photos. And of course I had to "Glimmer" the greeting.


 
The Ingredients:
GKD Red Velvet and White Card Stock
SU Sending Love DSP
Altenew Woven Hearts Die
SU Wreath Builder Dies
Scrapbook.Com Sprigs Dies
Tim Holtz Crackle Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Just Bee-cause Glimmer Plate for Greeting
Crimson Stars Glimmer Foil


 
 
 
If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this adorable die from Cottage Cutz, and don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created.
 
 
So that's it for me today. I so appreciate your kind comments, they always make me smile. Don't forget to swing on over to the Double D Challenge and check it out. There's lots of inspiration to be had there.

Until next time, here's celebrating our Creative Muse!!
~judy
 

11 comments:

  1. wow Judy how clever to do your heart like that an awesome card as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and creative card, it has me intrigued of how to do it, and of course love your 'glimmer' sentiment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is what you say to your DH! (glimmer and all) This is gorgeous! That heart looks AHmazing! I bet you had to hold your mouth just right, not to mention how you had to stick out your tongue too! And all of that pretty red and white foliage! LOVE! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! The woven heart is intriguing, for sure! So glad you figured it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ... absolutely BEAUTIFUL design! Love that new die!
    P.S. The new theme at COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE is RED (lol just sayin')
    Beautiful inspiration ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anyone can weave a heart, you can. This card is amazing and what I would expect from you my friend. You can tackle anything with a video. I admire that you didn't stop with the heart, but added that spray of flowers. That SENTIMENT is the best. Not all mushy, but to the point. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Judy! I see we have the same die cut. I've had mine since last Valentine's Day and struggled with assembling also. I put it on the shelf and decided I better use it this year. LOL! Your card is amazing. Love the papers and added foliage embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Judy you have blown me away with this beauty. An aweful lot of time has gone into the end result. So many beautiful elements added and wow do I love that embossing folder. Never seen it before so now off to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing details. Love the embossing and how you mixed papers and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a cool die even if you do have to hold your mouth just right! The crackle embossing folder is amazing, too. Altogether a super pretty and interesting card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Judy. What fabulous detail, patterns and texture - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete