Saturday, April 8, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - CLOUDS

Dear Ones~
 There's a new challenge over at Can You Handle the Pressure.   For this challenge blog you MUST use an EMBOSSING FOLDER on your project.  Heat embossing (with embossing powder) is permitted but only IN ADDITION to your embossing folder design.  Each new challenge will have a 'TWIST' which is optional ... your choice to use or not.

The OPTIONAL TWIST for today's challenge is:

CLOUDS
 Here's my Sample:
 
This card was really fun to make. There is a stencil by Colorful Life Stamps called Cloud Edger, and it makes the most wonderful clouds. They are very ethereal looking and almost real. Here I used different ink colors and then ran the panel through my Softly Falling Embossing Folder for some texture. I love those pretty Trinity Stamps Iridescent Raindrop embellies. A perfect addition for the look I was going for. It's hard to see in the photo, but I offset the white clouds with ones cut from silver card stock. Sort of a "silver lining", get it???  Greeting is computer-generated.



The Ingredients:
GKD White Card Stock
Tim Holtz Metallic Card Stock
Colorful Life Stamps Cloud Edger
Sizzix Softly Falling Embossing Folder
GKD Master Layouts 2, 3 and 6 for Clouds & Sun
SU Soft Sky, Pink Pirouette & So Saffron Ink
GKD Lovely Lavender Ink
 
 
 
 
 
If you head on over to the Can You Handle the Pressure Blog and play along, you could win this fabulous embossing folder, isn't it sweet? Don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created while you are there.


Go take a look at the Can You Handle the Pressure blog. You won't be sorry.
 
Until next time dear reader, aspire to be inspired, and here's celebrating your Creative Muse.
~judy
 

12 comments:

  1. The colours of your card are amazing. I like it a lot.
    Happy Easter!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and creative Judy, love the colors and what a creative way to use that embossing folder, great inspiration, and even before I read about the silver lining my first thought was just like silver lining, great minds and all that LOL! Have a happy Easter, to be in the 60's here for Mr. Bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW ... I just LOVE what you've created here today! Your use of dimension & color is awesome! Absolutely beautiful creation my friend! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background! Those clouds are phenomenal! Love that you added texture too, so cool! I also love the die cut clouds and your silver lining! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful with the gorgeous sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous cloudy background! Love the iridescent raindrops too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the colors in the clouds, Judy, and those raindrops are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the happy vibrant colours on this lovely card. Beautifully done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, This is the coolest sky I have ever seen! WOW! I love those raindrops too! Excellent card my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, this is the cutest thing, Judy! What a great cloudy sky! Love your colors and how you have the clouds and rain low on the card front. So cute with the sun peeking and the silver lining showing. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok girl, how did you ever think to use the swiss dots embossing folder over those fab clouds? So stinking clever, wish that I have thought of it. But I have to say that those raindrops steal the show. They look so real! Well Done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is such a creative piece of art with those beautiful and colorful skies, clouds, and raindrops! I love how the embossing trails off into gorgeous raindrops! The sentiment is perfect for this stunning card, well done!

    ReplyDelete