Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Double D - Things that Fly

 Dear Ones~
The challenge up this time over at Double D is Things that Fly. So many possibilities with this one. Here is the Mood Board for our inspiration:

And this is my card:
 
I just LOVE these sweet hummingbirds. They are so easy to make the the die set from Concord and 9th called Eclectic Garden. I die cut all the elements, including the flowers, in white card stock and then colored them with my alcohol markers. I have found that doing die cuts in this way, whenever possible, gives the image more dimension, even if you don't really blend the colors. The background panel is a Gina K stencil sponged with smokey Slate Ink.


 The Ingredients:
GKD White and Apple Mint Card Stock
Concord and 9th Eclectic Gardens Die Set
GKD Thick Brush Stencil
SU Smokey Slate Ink
Hero Arts Prayers Stamp and Cut Stamp for Greeting
Trinity Stamps Pearl Baubles
 
 
 
 If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this absolutely fabulous set by Petaloo. Isn't it pretty? Don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created.


until next time dear readers, aspire to be inspired. Here's celebrating your Creative Muse!!
~judy

10 comments:

  1. So lovely and elegant, Judy. Coloring the die cuts really does give them more dimension to the eye. Beautiful shading and I've always thought hummingbirds to be stately and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card Judy! I adore those pretty hummingbirds and flowers and the soft stenciled panel gives it a nice contrast. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hummingbirds are magnificent! And that stenciled panel is so beautiful, love it in the soft gray! Pretty posies as well! This is a stunner! Penny and I are hanging up her HB Feeder tomorrow, wish us luck in spotting some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a gorgeous card Judy, such pretty hummingbirds and flowers, I agree, cutting them in white and then coloring them in is the way to go!! I haven't seen any hummers here yet but thought I heard a couple, just might be a bit early for here yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love these hummers and the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS Judy! Love those hummers and your coloring on the flowers is beautiful! OH and I love that stenciled panel in your design ... how clever! Please feel free to share this beauty over on our STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE. Thanks for another amazing & beautiful DT project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers and hummingbirds on your card. Gorgeous colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been looking at another hummingbird die but after seeing this one that also has the flowers, I'm sold. I love the colors you used, Judy, and coloring with alcohol markers is truly a great way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could this be any prettier? I think not! I've been loving it from the start. The soft leafy panel is just the right touch. Your dies and coloring are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creative and awesome post.. A wonderful design with a great background and a perfect sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete