Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Double D - Flowers

Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D the theme is FLOWERS! What a fabulous challenge, everyone loves to make flower cards, right? Here is the Mood Board for our inspiration:
And this is my card:
For this card I used a technique that I saw in one of Ann Melvin's videos. You can see it HERE. The technique is hard to see in the photo, but it's gorgeous in real life.  You have to watch the video to see what I mean. I used a stencil set from Altenew Seasonal Blooms. So much fun to use these layering stencils, isn't it?



 The Ingredients:
GKD White and Black Onyx Card Stock
Altenew Seasonal Blooms Layering Stencil Set
Spellbinders Glass Effects Die
GKD A Little Hello Die
GKD Inks:
Carnation Trio
Orchid Trio
Lilac Trio
Spruce Trio
Wild Dandelion
 
 
 
 If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this absolutely beautiful prize. Isn't it pretty? Don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created.
 
 
When you get a minute, don't forget to check out Double D, and until next time dear readers, aspire to be inspired. Here's celebrating your Creative Muse!!
~judy

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this technique, really gives such depth and dimension and it seems to work with any kind of die! Those blossoms are so big and bold and beautiful! They really POP. Such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a beautiful creation Judy! LOVE your design and fabulous colors! Sure is a beauty!! Thanks for another amazing DT project! Fabulous inspiration! Off to watch the video now ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers and perfect take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Judy, and I like the addition of the geometric embossing. I'll have to check out the video. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Judy! The coloring is gorgeous. I love the technique that you used and really need to try it. It adds so much dimension to the image. TFS the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! When I first looked at your card it looked debossed, then in the second pic it looks embossed. Then I learn it's actually a die cut. This technique is very popular right now. I love the Glass Effects die you used. Thanks for the video link which I watched before commenting so I could figure it out. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. B-B-B (big, bold, & beautiful!!! Your coloring is amazing. Thanks for the video link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunningly beautiful card, love the colors that are so happy and cheerful, I'll have to watch the video in my spare time (whatever that is lol), seems there is no extra time lately for anything fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete