Saturday, May 27, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Birds/Birdhouses

 
Dear Ones~ 
 There's a new challenge over at Can You Handle the Pressure.   For this challenge blog you MUST use an EMBOSSING FOLDER on your project.  Heat embossing (with embossing powder) is permitted but only IN ADDITION to your embossing folder design.  Each new challenge will have a 'TWIST' which is optional ... your choice to use or not.

The OPTIONAL TWIST for today's challenge is:

BIRDS/BIRDHOUSES
 Here's my card:
 
I just love this die set from Stampin' Up called Soaring Swallows. Their wings have been gilded with a gilding pen for a special touch. I thought I would go with kind of an oriental theme this time, so the patterned paper from Stamperia called Oriental Garden worked perfectly. Stamperia has some of the most amazing papers. I fussy cut the greeting from a panel from the same patterned paper pack, I love what it says. The panel behind the birds is embossed with the Stampin' UP Ornate Floral embossing folder. I thought it kind of had an oriental feel with cherry blossoms.

 


  The Ingredients:

SU Sahara Sand Card Stock
Tim Holtz Metallic Gold Card Stock
Stamperia Oriental Garden Patterned Paper
SU Soaring Swallows Die Set
Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
Trinity Stamps Gold Baubles
SU Ornate Floral Embossing Folder
 
 
 
 
If you head on over to the Can You Handle the Pressure Blog and play along, you could win this fabulous embossing folder, it's a stunner. Don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created while you are there.
 
 

  Until next time dear reader, ASPIRE to be INSPIRED, and here's celebrating your CREATIVE MUSE.
judy

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my friend, this is stunning! LOVE your layered design and those birds are exquisite! Thanks for always sharing such amazing DT projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oriental look to your card, Judy. It's fabulous and so is that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birds are amazing Judy. I just love them and the entire feel of this card. And like someone else I find that sentiment fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love all the layers and the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this is marvelous! Loving all of those panels and different layers--love them! Your gold accents lend to that Asian theme of course--so beautiful! The birds are majestic and you have placed them perfectly! That sentiment is so beautiful! This is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving all of the panels with the gold layers. You even offset one and I count 5 layers. The oriental flair shows and the birds are amazing with the papers. I love that sentiment too, So clever of you to use it that way.

    ReplyDelete