Saturday, July 22, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - NAUTICAL

 
Dear Ones~
  There's a new challenge over at Can You Handle the Pressure.   For this challenge blog you MUST use an EMBOSSING FOLDER on your project.  Heat embossing (with embossing powder) is permitted but only IN ADDITION to your embossing folder design.  Each new challenge will have a 'TWIST' which is optional ... your choice to use or not.

The OPTIONAL TWIST for today's challenge is:

NAUTICAL
 Here is my sample:
I'm quite disappointed in how this card photographed. It looks like black, but all the dark elements are really navy blue. The embossed panel is from a SU embossing folder called Cable Knit. I thought the cable looked like rope, so I used it for that panel on the side. I love how it looks. Most of the elements on this card have come from a stamp and die set by Stampin' Up called Sailing home.


 

The Ingredients:
GKD Navy and Ivory Card Stock
Stamperia Vagabond Patterned Paper
SU Sailing Home Stamp Set
SU Smooth Sailing Die Set
SU Cable Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder
SU Night of Navy Ink
SU Circle Nesting Dies
 
 
 
 
If you head on over to the Can You Handle the Pressure Blog and play along, you could win this fabulous embossing folder, and don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created while you are there.

Until next time dear reader, ASPIRE to be INSPIRED!
Here's celebrating your CREATIVE MUSE.
judy

6 comments:

  1. I hear ya ... I hate when my photo colors don't come out as they should! I always struggle with my purple looking blue ... grrr. Either way, this card is outstanding! LOVE your entire design layout ... beautifully done! Thanks for always sharing such amazing DT designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks like Navy to me! ;) I love this, I am so partial to anything nautical! Love the lighthouse and ship wheel accent, the Designer Papers are awesome and I love the seaweed too (as long as it's not scraping my feet and legs lol) FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created card and the EB folder does remind you of rope, very clever and of course with all the lighthouses in Michigan your card appeals to me very much, and I too struggle with navy looking like black, someone needs to invent a perfect 'just for cards' camera LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great nautical card, Judy. That knit folder does look like rope and was a great addition to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On my laptop it totally does look blue and what an amazing card it is! You've done some brilliantly creative things with the design, including seeing rope in the cable knit EF. Yep, it's rope alright! I also love the seaweed accent and the placement of the ship's wheel, and that background paper is ridiculously fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous nautical card, Judy! Photography is the hardest part of this hobby! The knit EF was brilliant! Well done!

    ReplyDelete