Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Double D - Sparkle and/or Shine

Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D the challenge is SPARKLE AND/OR SHINE. What a great challenge for this time of year. Here is the Mood Board for our inspiration:
And here is my card:
This doesn't really reflect anything on the Mood Board, but it certainly does shine. As we all know, shiny stuff is hard to capture with a camera, but the background on this card is a Sweet Mango and white checkerboard. The Sweet Mango is done with GKD foil and it's REALLY shiny. I don't remember where I got the checkerboard pattern, but I copied it with my laser printer and then used my GKD Fuse Foiling System. The golf bag is from the GKD Hole in One stamp set. I think it might be retired. I paperpieced all the various elements to get the color. 
This was made for our son-in-law, whose birthday is coming up. He's an avid golfer and also a VERY avid Tennessee Volunteers fan. The team colors are orange and white and the checkerboard is on their logo. I had great fun making this card for him!!!


The Ingredients:
Recollections Gray Card Stock
GKD Sweet Mango and White Card Stock
GKD Sweet Mango  Foil
Echo Park Buffalo Plaid Embossing Folder
GKD Hole in One Stamp Set and Companion Die
SU Inked and Tiled Stamp for Greeting
SU Ornate Frames Thinlits
 

 
 
 
If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this absolutely fabulous pad of glittery paper. What a wonderful prize!!!  Also, don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created.


Until next time dear readers, aspire to be inspired. 
Here's celebrating your Creative Muse!!
~judy

7 comments:

  1. Oh my Dad would have loved this gem! I love your design and all of those scrumptious layers! The paper piecing is perfect too! Such pretty foils! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for your SIL! I love how you incorporated two of the things he's passionate about on this card. Great job with the foiling and perfect design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, aren't you the clever one, all that shimmery shiny foil and a fabulous masculine card I am sure your SIL will treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super masculine card! That checked foil paper is awesome. Fantastic work with the embossing folder and foil. Love the golf club stamp and die set. My husband is a golfer and would love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun & fabulous masculine card! He's certainly know you had him in mind when creating this card! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like great fun and very clever crafting! I know your son-in-law will get a kick out of it and appreciate your thoughtful personalization of it. Very cool, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You stinker! I was wondering how you got that shinny background. You are so creative and I love it. What a special card for your son in law with all of the added accents. This will mean so much to him. Company went home today, I will be in my craft room tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete