Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Double D - SUNFLOWERS

 
Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D the challenge is SUNFLOWERS. Don't you just love Sunflowers? Here is the Mood Board for our inspiration:
 
 Here's my card:
Soooo....let's pretend this is a sunflower. The label on the die set says it's a cone flower, but it LOOKS like a sunflower, right? I had a sunflower all colored up and I didn't like it, so you're stuck with the cone/sunflower. The background was really fun to do. I cut strips of paper and adhered them to a blank piece of copy paper. HERE'S a video to watch on this technique. I encourage you to try it, it's really fun. I used a die from Simon called Strips that cuts the 1/4" strips for you, so it's really easy. But you can cut your own too.


The Ingredients:
GKD White Card Stock
GKD Sweet Mango Card Stock
Recollections Give Thanks Patterned Paper
SSS Strips Dies
Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Cone Flower
GKD Master Layouts 1
GKD Blooming Sunflower Stamp & Companion Die
 for Greeting
SU Pretty Peacock Ink
 
 
 
 
If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this fabulous die set.  Also, don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created.
 
  
So, until next time dear readers, ASPIRE to be INSPIRED. 
Here's celebrating your CREATIVE MUSE!!
~judy

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and excellent colors love this and a great design, I have this die and love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, and yes, your coneflower can pass as a sunflower for sure! The background is fabulous! I just watched the video and want to give this a try. What a great way to use up some patterned papers. We all have tons of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and it sure does pass for a sunflower and your background is amazing, will have to watch the video and give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can pretend! ;) LOVE your pretty background, it's lovely! And that coneflower ahem I mean sunflower is gorgeous! Artistic licensing and all! Love this beauty! I'll watch the video in a bit, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's Beate.....how I miss her and her talents! She is amazing!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous colors and design on this lovely card. I absolutely adore that sun "cone" flower! The coloring is amazing and such great dimension with layers. Love this paper strip technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL card! Coneflowers are actually in the 'daisy' family but they sure look like sunflowers to me too ... and yours is beautiful! Love that background ... I too will watch the video as I've done this technique but not in that pattern. Interesting for sure! Thanks for beautiful Fall inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, that herringbone technique... I think I have it bookmarked somewhere. I love how it looks with the die cuts. So nice and clean. What a fun way to use up papers. This is really beautiful, Judy, and I love the coneflower as a sunflower. I wouldn't have even thought about the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That background is fantastic, Judy, and it doesn't detract from your beautiful sun/coneflower one bit.

    ReplyDelete