Saturday, February 18, 2017

Fine Feathers

 2014

Dear Ones~
The Adored Ones, a.k.a. The Princes are in the castle, but I wanted to take just a minute to write this post for the Papertrey Ink Past, Present and Future Celebration. Today they are celebrating 2014 with some of the wonderful stamps they produced that year.

I have chosen to CASE this beautiful card by Nichole,
Your Wings Exist Card
And here's my take on it:
PTI's Feather Finery Stamp Set is one of my favorites. I love Nichole's clean and simple look here, but I chose to do the card in pink instead of blue. Those dots sprinkled on the feather are so pretty, especially done in Ranger's Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder. And then Nichole added a little interest in the bottom corner by punching a hole and adding some glimmery thread. Here I used some gold eyelash yarn I had in my stash.

Here are the ingredients:
GKD White Heavyweight Card Stock
PTI Feather Finery Stamps
PTI Botanical Silhouettes Stamp for Greeting
Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
SU Blushing Bride Ink

Okay, I'm outa here. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. It is sunny and 56 here in Northern Michigan today...what an anomoly!!! Himself took the Princes cross country skiing this morning. I'm not a fan, so I didn't go. Chose to stay home and make this card instead - no brainer. They had a wonderful time!!! 
Thanks for all your sweet comments!

~judy~
























13 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I knew you would do a feathers card, perfect for you! Love your choice and your creation! Those platinum embossed dots look AHMAZING!!! Love it. Enjoy those young men, how FUN! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous case, Judy. Way to make it your own with the platinum and glimmer thread! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Feathers! of course. Case perfection here Judy. An absolute stunner. Love the pink and gold. Imagine it in 'purple'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the pink. I know that is the prettiest feather set ever. I need to use mine more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual I love all your latest cards. Forgive me for not commenting on all, it's kind of a pain typing left handed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. I like it better in pink as well. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pink rendition of the card. Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card reminds me of how elegant this simple stamp set can be. Love the addition of the yarn. This is absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know how much I love this set. Great take on Nicoles card. It does create such an elegant card. I might just have to play today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That yarn adds such a realistic touch to your feathers, Judy. This is an outstanding card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a terrific card! Love the gold and pink combo! Sounds like you made the best choice by staying home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful you captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tremendous card, Judy! Love the pink with the sparkly dots!

    ReplyDelete