Saturday, February 4, 2017

Just Us Girls #379 - Word Week

 

Dear Ones~
It's WORD week over at Just Us Girls, and our gal Lisa has chosen the word "DOGS". How fun is that, who doesn't love a dog?

Here's what I came up with:
Believe it or not, I do not have a single dog stamp. I looked everywhere. But I did find this adorable image in my Cricut library, so I decided to go with that. I used the masking technique to sponge the big moon and the sky with Distress Inks. Then I sprinkled water over for that wonderful texture. I absolutely LOVE the effect that happens with Distress Inks and water. The stars are dots of white gel pen and then Stickles.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Black Onyx, White and Ocean Mist Card Stock
Cricut A Child's Year Cartridge
Distress Inks in Various Colors
Florishes Medallion Motif Stamp for Greeting

I would like to welcome our February Guest Designer, Michele Greenwood. Michele is super talented, as you can see by visiting her blog. Go check out her awesome work.

Please visit the JUST US GIRLS blog to see the wonderful cards that Michele, and the rest of the team have made this week. And remember, if you win Chic of the Week in any of our February challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of April!!   I hope to see you there. 

Good luck, and thanks for stopping by!!


16 comments:

  1. Love my dog Judy and sure love this card.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background and I adore that silhouette! Such a perfect match! Love this card, it's so happy and fun! (I had to buy a puppy stamp, you know cuz of Hank--birthday cards lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Man! A boy and his dog silhouetted against the moon! what an image. Just Gorgeous! It brought tears to my eyes, seriously. I could just see my son and grandson in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card. I need a card for my grandson soon and when they were here they just loved playing with the dog. I love the scene you built to show off this image too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe you don't have one dog stamp,but this worked out perfectly. Great image and fabulous with the big bright moon behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card Judy! So glad you came up with something and I love this silhouette! And the background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I for one am glad you didn't have a stamp because this card is AWESOME! If you would have had one, we would have missed it! The background is outstanding! WELL DONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know me and bright colors! Swoon -- fun silhouette too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is one stunning card! LOVE that inky background and the silhouette is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is more special than a boy and his dog!?!?. LOVE that background. This one is going in my idea box for my great-grandson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cricut to the rescue for this fabulous little scene you created Judy. What childhood memories of a little boy playing with his dog. Beeeeeeeeutiful background. Love your take on our challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome card! Love the great colored background and that fun silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you for using your Cricut, Judy. I've pretty much given up on mine so I bought some dog stamps. I love your background. It's perfect behind the silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to use your head using your Cricut to make the image! Your background with the big moon and night sky are gorgeous! Your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is one amazing background. Just perfect for your silhouette.
    Thanks for the lovely comment you left me on my blog.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet silhouette! Your background is gorgeous too. Loving this card!

    ReplyDelete